Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Enormous Hair

Ok so I'm trying to suss out how I can put these words into images.  I've looked up Enormous in the Etymology Dictionary which gives me -

enormous (adj.) Look up enormous at Dictionary.com
1530s, from Latin enormis "out of rule, irregular, shapeless, extraordinary, very large," from ex- "out of" (see ex-) + norma "rule, norm" (see norm), with English -ous substituted for Latin -is.

Meaning "extraordinary in size" is attested from 1540s; original sense of "outrageous" is more clearly preserved in enormity. Earlier in same sense was enormyous (mid-15c.). Related: Enormously.
I posted this pic just to show a perspective i.e. humans and the enormity of the ocean


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After doing more research into my words I've decided not split them and I have an idea what direction I will be taking.

    My Creative piece will be Hair of the Dog - Treatment of rabid dog bite.

    Enormous (Adjective)

    1. huge, massive, vast, extensive, tremendous, gross, excessive, immense, titanic, jumbo (informal), gigantic, monstrous, mammoth, colossal, mountainous, stellar (informal), prodigious, gargantuan.

    2. (archaic)= wicked, evil, vicious, outrageous, disgraceful, monstrous, vile, atrocious, heinous, depraved, odious, abominable, villainous, nefarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRING IT ON...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHERE YOU GO WITH THIS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete